Reducing our Environmental impact
After 12 years of working from our original building in Keysborough Victoria, our Head Office relocated to purpose built premises in Carrum Downs Victoria on the 20th August 2011.
This move was solely due to our business expansion since our inception, in that we had simply outgrown our surroundings.
Our new building allows us to work in an environment that is well designed, practical and functional allowing for future growth.
It includes the following sustainable and environmentally friendly solutions in its construction:
- Rainwater harvesting for bathroom re-use
- Viridian double glazed and tinted windows
- 10kw Suntech roof mounted solar PV system
- Additional ceiling and wall insulation
- GECA (Good Environmental Choice Australia) certified Signature carpet tiles with recycled content of the thermoplastic backing and carpet fibre
- Energy efficient, cutting edge technology LED down lights and fluorescent light fittings
- Light sensors in amenities reducing electrical usage
- Extensive recycling programme implemented in conjunction with Sita Australia, whereby we will reduce our landfill from our office/lunchroom facilities by 60%
- Sita Australia sort all of our waste building material for recycling purposes
Whilst this commercial building is of simple tilt panel construction, we believe it is one of the most “green” commercial buildings in the South East Region in keeping with our Certification as a Green Living Builder with the MBAV.
It will provide our Company with the satisfaction and fulfilment that we are doing our best for the environment and that we are setting some benchmarks for sustainability in a commercial setting.
Finally, our team are now able to work in a building that is designed to improve workplace efficiency and productivity in an environmentally sustainable workplace.
We look forward to further implementing sustainability initiatives throughout our offices in Regional Victoria and Queensland.